DSR Group inks partnership with daily fresh to retail musang king products

KUALA LUMPUR: DSR (Durian Sudah Runtuh) Group, a Musang King durian provider, has inked a collaboration with Daily Fresh Foods Group to retail speciality durian-based products through Daily Fresh outlets nationwide.

DSR co-founder Datuk Ng Lian Poh said the partnership will develop durian-based products made from authentic Musang King durians from their 18.2-hectare orchard in Raub, Pahang that will be sold via over 1,600 Daily Fresh outlets across 16 countries, including Malaysia.

He said the collaboration will provide a sustainable ‘orchard-to-market’ approach to harness full potential of the king of fruit and make its speciality products available all year round.

“For a start, DSR Daily Fresh would exclusively offer durian truffle popcorn, Musang King gelato, as well as Musang King gelato-filled croissants, puffs, waffles, tarts, and Bentong ginger tea at Daily Fresh kiosks in Malaysia starting early April 2021.

“We will leverage Daily Fresh’s vast experience in developing products that are well-loved by consumers, with highest standards through their certified food safety management manufacturing facilities to ensure that products achieve stringent quality and consistency,” he said at a virtual signing ceremony Monday.

Meanwhile, Daily Fresh managing director Chay Hong Choong said the durian-based products will be developed on a large scale at the company’s manufacturing facility in Simpang Renggam, Johor.

“We are optimistic that the partnership with DSR would be a formidable catalyst in accelerating the growth of the global downstream durian product market.

“Our DSR Daily Fresh partnership will have instant access to Daily Fresh’s existing touchpoint overseas, namely Indonesia, Singapore, UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Turkey, Korea, Hong Kong, and China,” he added.

Through the partnership, DSR will hold 70 per cent stake in DSR Daily Fresh Sdn Bhd, while Daily Fresh will hold the remaining 30 per cent stake. – Bernama

Source: TheStar